We are looking for Oncology Abstractors who are fluent in oncology terminology to help us interpret and organize clinical oncology data. Primarily, your role would involve abstracting data from electronic medical records and using our proprietary software system to enter the data into our database. You would also be responsible for providing feedback to our team about the software that you are using, and for resolving conflicts when database fields are missing or incomplete. If you’re an oncology clinician and you are highly comfortable with new technologies, this is a great opportunity to be a part of the technological evolution of the healthcare industry.
- Support Abstraction team by providing support in one or more of the following areas:
- Abstracting data from electronic medical records and using our proprietary system to enter to data in our database
- Triaging and responding to abstractor questions through patient manager review task portal
- Helping with feasibility and initial testing of forms for content development.
- Assisting with the testing of new Patient Manger tools or features
- Participate in regular team web or telephone conferences and other ad hoc meetings, as needed
- Obtain and maintain credentials to abstract on a number of modules, as determined by management.
- Maintain a high level of performance, as measured by both efficiency and quality scores.
- Meet task and/or review panel targets to be agreed to and determined in consultation with team leaders and management
- Work a minimum of 32 hours/week and submit timesheet on a weekly basis.
- Travel to New York City for in-person meetings at least 1-2 times per year.
- At least 6 months’ experience working as abstractor for Flatiron Health preferred
- Track record of strong abstractor skills with Flatiron Health as demonstrated both by consistent abstraction quality and efficiency
- Certified tumor registrar, registered nurse, physician assistant, or equivalent, with significant hands-on experience working in oncology (5+ years).
- Familiar with all aspects of how cancer is treated, from diagnosis to recovery, and be fluent in cancer terminology.
- High comfort level with technology and familiarity with EMR systems.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with data entry, including strong typing skills, is helpful.
- Active nurse/PA license or CTR certification, if applicable.
**To apply to this role, you must have worked as a contract Oncology Abstractor for Flatiron**