Our mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our software platform helps physicians manage complex patient treatments in cancer centers. It also empowers life science companies and academic researchers across the country so they can leverage real-world oncology data at a scale and clinical depth never before seen, advance patient care, and accelerate scientific discovery.
Are you equally excited about organizing and enabling teams that will maximize operational excellence, and engineering and employee productivity?
As our Head of Technical Operations, you will:
- Enable and empower the teams that design and deliver software and tools that improve the reliability, performance, and security of Flatiron’s platforms and the agility of our workforce
- Orchestrate the operations of our production, development, and workforce technical infrastructures across AWS, Rackspace, and our office
- Hire and build world-class engineering teams; develop and mentor software engineers, platform engineers, support engineers, and their managers
- Own our technical operations roadmap; collect feedback and proactively develop internal customers for your tools
- Set the long term technical, cultural, and organizational vision for our technical operations that propels Flatiron forward
- Nurture a best-of-breed developer-operations culture
- You hold a BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or related field
- You have experience building and operating technical platforms in a fast growing technology company.
- You have a successful track record of team building, recruiting, and mentoring individual contributors and managers across software engineering and technical operational disciplines; in particular you have managed managers for 2+ years
- You establish credibility through strong hands-on technology experience and problem solving skills; you are willing and able to deep-dive into code, networking, operating systems and storage problems
- You are a proficient technology evangelist, able to build alignment and commitment in a fast moving environment
- You are passionate about performance, reliability, and scalability of systems as well as developer and employee productivity
- You proactively anticipate operational issues and make technical, process, or personnel decisions to avoid them