The Research Oncology team provides thought leadership and day-to-day research planning and interpretation for the Research Organization. This includes input into how data sets are developed and used, as well as thinking about scientific problem sets and their interpretation.
We are looking for oncologists passionate about clinical research and evidence development. Oncologists who are interested in exploring and developing innovative new techniques, and who are looking to lead research projects and the science forward in a fast-paced, impassioned environment.
As a research oncologist at Flatiron, you may choose to join one of our teams focused on a specific methodological area (e.g., clinical trials, real-world evidence, outcomes research), topic area (e.g., precision medicine), or client (e.g., academic partners), or you may choose to work on a variety of projects that span these boundaries. Also, we are looking for Research Oncologists are varying level of experience as a Principal Investigator (PI), from new PIs to seasoned investigators with several decades of experience.
- Provide clinical and scientific input on a variety of types of research projects that use of our data
- Contribute to analyses, results interpretation and publications
- Lead data-driven research projects on tight timeline with shared resources
- Represent Flatiron at conferences, both in a speaking and a networking capacity
- Serve as a source of thought leadership for the direction of the company and its products
- Provide team guidance through the development of novel processes and products
- Manage accounts and client relationships, serving as a primary clinical voice of the company
- Work across departments to ensure the highest clinical quality of our products and data
- Supply disease- and/or expertise-specific training to coworkers and clients
- Serve on the leadership team driving the direction of the Flatiron Trials Product Suite providing a clinical and research perspective
- Provide input on vetting and writing protocols, Informed Consent Forms, standard operating procedures and FDA briefing books
- Provide clinical guidance and oversight on data capture outside the Electronic Health Record (e.g., Patient Reported Outcomes/sensor data for a clinical trial)
- Support study level medical questions from the Flatiron team as well as from sites in the Flatiron Research Network
- Support Clinical Study Report analysis and writing (provide guidance to internal medical writers)
- Medical degree, residency, and fellowship from top institutions
- Demonstrated track record as an independent clinical scientist in one or more oncology-relevant methodological areas (e.g., trials, real world evidence, patient-reported outcomes, health services research, implementation science, etc)
- Excitement about working in a passionate, fast-paced start-up culture
- Ease in explaining scientific terms to a lay audience
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to teach and learn