Flatiron’s Clinical Oncology team helps guide strategy and provides input and day-to-day support across Flatiron as we create clinically oriented software for providers. This team of clinicians manages clinical content and information in Flatiron’s electronic health record, OncoEMR, and works closely with our Engineering, Product, and Account teams to help build, communicate and educate about our provider facing products.
We are looking for a Director to manage and grow our clinical team and assist in shaping the internal strategy for clinical product initiatives. The Clinical Oncology Director will interact and collaborate closely with Oncology, Product Development, Medical Informatics, Account Management and Product Marketing team members to successfully execute on the company’s strategic vision. This role will be based in New York City and reports to the Senior Vice President-Oncology.
- Manage a diverse team of clinicians, in NYC and remote
- Support individual development and provide mentorship to team members while setting the vision and strategy for the team as it grows
- Serve as a source of thought leadership for the direction of the company and its products
- Provide team guidance through the development of novel processes and products
- Lead team recruiting and staffing plans
- Work closely with Product teams to have a clear understanding of the strategic roadmap, while serving as a representative and advocate for the priorities of the clinical team
- Collaborate with clinical team members and internal operations team to develop processes and quality control programs around creation and production of clinical oncology content
- NP, RN, PharmD, MD, PhD or PA degree required
- Amazing people manager; experience leading clinicians and groups of 5+ people; extremely thoughtful about management style, culture, career development for clinical team members, and leadership generally
- 8+ years combined relevant experience within an oncology and software/technology setting
- Deep understanding of oncology-specific electronic medical records and how these systems impact clinical workflow
- Strong technology skills (includes oncology-specific electronic medical records)
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), and specifically for explaining clinical concepts to a non-clinical audience
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to teach and learn
- Results-oriented, accurate, detail-oriented, and analytical leader
- Self-motivated and autonomous with a nose for value and ability to prioritize. Excitement about working in a passionate, fast-paced start-up culture.
- Experience developing clinical content, building or maintaining clinical pathways and guidelines
- Previous experience working at a health tech/software company