We are seeking a driven and results-oriented Manager/Director, Total Rewards to join our People Operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the total compensation and benefits strategy for Flatiron, with an emphasis on maintaining internal equity and external market competitiveness. This individual will also work to develop and execute a comprehensive communication strategy for compensation and benefits programs that will drive employee engagement and educate employees. The Manager/Director, Total Rewards will work in close partnership with Flatiron Leadership to ensure that all programs support the targeted growth and profitability of the business.
- Ensure compensation and benefit programs and policies are market competitive, cost effective, and aligned with company objectives
- Provide leadership and direction for development of a comprehensive compensation strategy in alignment with the company’s objectives, initiatives and budget guidelines.
- Direct the implementation and communication of all Flatiron compensation plans/policies, including salary planning/performance based increases, salary structures, variable pay and other incentive programs
- Partner with the Finance team to ensure that appropriate financial controls are in place for all merit-based and incentive-based compensation programs, as well as for evaluating and analyzing cost implications of current and proposed plans
- Lead compensation market data initiatives, including evaluating and preparing competitive benchmark data analysis, matching jobs to market data, and updating compensation bands as needed
- Manage the Stock Plan Administration to ensure that all equity-based transactions are conducted efficiently and correctly, including stock grants & vesting, exercise of stock grants and accurate accounting of stock activity
- Oversee the administration and analysis of competitive, cost-effective benefit programs for Flatiron including Group Health, Dental, Vision, Group Life, AD&D, LTD, STD, FSA, COBRA, and 401(k)
- Partner with Payroll to ensure that all benefit events (new hire, annual enrollment, etc.) are systematically captured and recorded for all active employees
- Manage the execution of annual benefits open enrollment process, including partnering and negotiating with external vendors, preparing communications for employees, and working with People Ops to ensure a smooth implementation experience
- Partner with People Ops and Legal to ensure compliance with all benefits, and wage and hour federal and state laws. Maintain knowledge of government regulations, benefit program trends, and best practices among similar organizations
- Create actionable metrics that drive forecasting capabilities and strategic insights regarding our Total Rewards program and budget
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-10 years experience in a Compensation and Benefits role
- Expertise in compensation, benefits design & negotiation, and stock/equity plans
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of all aspects of administering equity based programs, including accounting, tax and legal implications
- A team player and a “can do attitude”, with the ability to forge great relationships both within and outside the People Ops team.
- Experience with HRIS, Ultipro preferred
- Both public and private company experience preferred
- Demonstrated executive presence and comfort presenting to senior leadership
- Practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balanced by an appreciation for complexity and risk
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in working through complex transactions, with the ability to analyze, problem solve, and communicate observations and recommendations
- Strong business acumen along with ability to quickly learn and understand the financials and operational levers of each department within Flatiron
- Previous people management experience and the desire to take on management responsibilities is preferred