Flatiron Health has built a unified data set that is unparalleled in its depth and accuracy and gives our partners the capability to ask questions about data that weren't answerable until now. Our Quantitative Sciences team answers these questions.
We are looking for Quantitative Scientists who are excited to make an immediate impact in a critical space. This position requires outstanding problem-solving, analytical and communication skills; experience with multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment; and the tenacity to execute against deliverables in a timely, high-quality fashion.
You will collaborate with a team of account directors, oncologists, product managers, and software engineers to help develop, commercialize, and deliver our analytics products. Working in a fast-paced and rapidly expanding business, you will be consistently challenged to partner with Flatiron colleagues to create a rock-solid, scalable foundation for explosive growth.
- Become the subject matter expert on our data and its capabilities
- Transform real-world clinical data into actionable insights using robust statistical methods and compelling data visualizations in formats accessible to a wide range of end users
- Define and clarify analytic requirements, develop analysis plans, ensure data quality standards, and create publication-ready methods and results
- Work with cross-functional team to understand and clarify analytic requirements and identify areas for automation and process efficiencies
- Generate ideas for analyses to shape future projects, contributing to a pipeline of opportunities that will help Flatiron achieve its ambitious growth goals
- You hold a Master’s degree or PhD in a quantitative discipline, such as biostatistics, epidemiology, applied statistics, or health economics
- You have at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience analyzing real-world clinical data
- You love working with data and have experience exploring data with a critical and thoughtful eye
- You excel at a statistical programming language (we primarily use R, but are open to people with experience in any language)
- You are a brilliant communicator, both oral and written
- You are self-motivated, thrive in highly uncertain situations, and enjoy coming up with elegant and innovative solutions to challenging problems
- You are a “do-er”-- you know how to balance attention to detail with quick execution against tight timelines
- You are flexible and adapt well to complex challenges
- You are passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
- You are a highly-effective collaborator and are motivated by the opportunity to work with oncologists, software engineers, product managers, and other members of the Flatiron team
- Oncology experience
- Consulting experience
- Experience working with longitudinal EMR data