We are looking for someone excited to make an immediate impact in a critical space. This position requires outstanding problem-solving, analytical and communication skills; experience multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment; and, the tenacity to execute against deliverables in a timely, high-quality fashion. You will collaborate with others on the quantitative sciences team, as well as a cross-functional team of account directors, oncologists, product managers, and software engineers to help develop, commercialize, and deliver our analytics products. Working in a fast-paced and rapidly expanding business, you will be consistently challenged to partner with Flatiron colleagues to create a rock-solid, scalable analytic foundation for explosive growth.
- Serve as Flatiron's resident quantitative methodology expert by developing creative study designs and applying sophisticated statistical methodology to answer novel research questions
- Define and clarify analytic requirements, develop analysis plans, ensure data quality standards, and create publication-ready methods and results
- Collaborate with our oncologists and account teams to identify additional opportunities that align with Flatiron’s business needs and generate ideas for analyses to shape future projects
- Develop and manage relationships with external partners to advance the integration of our analytic products through demonstrated value. Serve as the scientific point person at meetings.
- Generate and disseminate manuscripts and other presentations of scholarly work
- You hold a PhD (or equivalent) in biostatistics, epidemiology, health economics, or related discipline with 5+ years of work experience in an academic or professional setting
- You have expertise in outcomes research, with a strong publication record and publications in top-tier journals
- You have experience collaborating with researchers in the life science industry, academia, or government agencies.
- You are a natural teacher. You have a passion for mentoring and teaching those of various backgrounds and levels of experience
- You have a flexible, start-up mindset; enjoys a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to juggle multiple external interactions and deadlines simultaneously and the versatility to collaborate with individuals at all levels and functions
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and a deep attention to detail
- You are self-motivated, self-directed, and proactive
- You are willing to travel (approximately 20%)
- Oncology experience
- Consulting experience
- Experience working with longitudinal EMR data
- Experience working with life sciences companies or health-related government agencies (e.g., CDC, NIH, or FDA)