Flatiron Health has built a unified data set that is unparalleled in its depth and accuracy and gives our partners the capability to ask questions about data that weren't answerable until now. Our Quantitative Sciences team answers these questions.
As the team rapidly scales, we are looking for a Quantitative Sciences Manager who is excited to lead a team of quantitative scientists and quantitative data analysts making a big impact in a critical space.
You will lead a team working alongside teams of software engineers, oncologists, and product managers, and together you will derive ever more powerful insights to answer some of the most critical questions in cancer research. You will help advance this work while mentoring and guiding your reports and helping to develop their career paths.
- Lead quantitative scientists, transforming real-world clinical data into actionable insights using robust statistical methods and compelling data visualizations
- Act as player-coach and champion data analysis best practices
- Develop and mentor Quantitative Sciences talent
- Contribute to strategic and tactical product planning
- Define and clarify analytic requirements, develop analysis plans, ensure data quality standards, and create publication-ready methods and results
- Work with cross-functional team to understand and clarify analytic requirements and identify areas for automation and process efficiencies
- Generate ideas for analyses to shape future projects, contributing to a pipeline of opportunities that will help Flatiron achieve its ambitious growth goals
- You hold a Master’s degree or PhD in a quantitative discipline
- You have at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience analyzing clinical data, with at least 2 years experience managing a small team
- You recognize that the success of a data analysis team comes from its analysts and scientists, and you are enthusiastic about coaching, mentorship, and career development
- You love working with data and have experience exploring data with a critical and thoughtful eye
- You have experience working in a statistical programming language, and stay current enough to review code and guide the technical development of team members
- You are a brilliant communicator, both oral and written
- You are self-motivated, thrive in highly uncertain situations, and enjoy coming up with elegant and innovative solutions to challenging problems
- You are flexible and adapt well to complex challenges
- You are passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
- You are a highly-effective collaborator and are motivated by the opportunity to work with oncologists, software engineers, product managers, and other members of the Flatiron team
- Oncology experience
- Experience working with longitudinal EMR data